Moving to a new home can be exciting, but it can also be a stressful and chaotic time, especially when it comes to protecting your floors. Here are some tips to help you protect your floors during a move:
- Use furniture sliders: Furniture sliders are an inexpensive and effective way to protect your floors from scratches and scuffs caused by heavy furniture. Simply place the sliders under the legs of your furniture to make it easy to slide across the floor without causing damage.
- Use cardboard or drop cloths: To protect your floors from dirt and debris during the moving process, consider using cardboard or drop cloths. Place the cardboard or drop cloths on the floor in high-traffic areas to prevent dirt and debris from being tracked onto your floors.
- Avoid dragging heavy items: When moving heavy items such as appliances or furniture, avoid dragging them across your floors, as this can cause scratches and other damage. Instead, use a dolly or hand truck to move the items, or enlist the help of professional movers.
- Cover floors with plastic sheeting: If you’re worried about spills or stains, consider covering your floors with plastic sheeting. This will help protect your floors from damage caused by spills, and make clean-up easier.
- Remove shoes: Encourage everyone who is helping with the move to remove their shoes before entering your home. This will help prevent dirt and debris from being tracked onto your floors, and reduce the risk of scratches and scuffs.
By taking these simple steps, you can help protect your floors during a move and ensure that they remain in good condition.